Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Have you ever wondered if there’s a strategic planning process that’s effective, yet doesn’t take months to develop? Today, we’re talking with an innovator behind a proven strategic planning process that’s immediately functional and operational—and that works for both organizations and churches.
Listen to the Episode
A native Texan, Greg is also well-known for serving at Willow Creek Community Church. Prior to Willow, Greg worked as a management consultant with McKinsey and Company after receiving an MBA at Stanford. He’s also the co-author of the breakthrough Reveal Study and several other books, including his most recent, More: How to Move from Activity for God to Intimacy with God.
It all comes down to whether you want to know the truth. If that answer is yes, God will help you discover what’s next.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The StratOp process, created by Tom Patterson
- Why goal setting is so important to your ministry’s success
- Developing a culture of alignment
- Ensuring all of your people have total clarity on what they should be doing
- Determining what you can measure in the church to benchmark your progress
- Bringing all of your team members into alignment, even those who initially don’t buy in
- Tools you can use to gather data to make decisions
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Greg on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find Oak Hills on Facebook and Twitter
- Learn more about the Paterson StratOp Process
- Learn more about the REVEAL congregational survey
- Learn more in last week’s blog post: The 6 Step Model for Effective Strategic Planning
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.