Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Hello, and thanks for joining us again on the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Barry Slauenwhite has had a remarkable 34 years with Compassion Canada. In his time as President and CEO, Compassion Canada has experienced more than a 10-fold growth to become one of Canada’s largest Christian Non-Profit.
Barry, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
There’s a question I want to ask you that gets at one of the big reasons behind Compassion Canada’s remarkable growth. Before I ask you this question, give us a brief summary of what Compassion is all about.
Listen to the Audio
I have a dream of creating a workplace where everyone looks forward to coming to work everyday.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Compassion Canada’s mission and ministry to children at risk
- Culture challenges: autocratic leadership, lack of empowerment of staff, strategic attention to culture
- Spiritual leadership within Inspirational Leadership
- The biggest change was building trust
- Love the people you lead, don’t drive them, lead them
- Connecting the board of directors to staff by asking them to pray for each other
- The importance of team leadership
- Pushing responsibility out, building a leadership team
- Turning complaints about leadership into creative ideas
- The biblical principles of culture
- Culture is really people care and soul care
- What does the bible teach about how we should get along and work with each other?
- Cross training leads to innovation
- The benefits of weekly prayer meetings and utilizing a prayer room
- How prayer is linked to organizational growth
- Creative ideas of how to keep prayer alive in the workplace
- Why is it important to measure your culture regularly?
Find out more about Barry’s book: Strategic Compassion
Read the Post
Read the blog post: Why Prayer is a Remarkable Tool for Culture Breakthrough
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.