Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church or your company. Brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
Without intentional, strategic leadership development focused on the continued growth of your people, the health of your culture is sure to weaken, thus jeopardizing your organizational impact. But here’s the good news: A wise, strategic plan of leadership development can cause your culture to flourish and take the growth and impact of your organization, your church, or your business to a whole new level.
If you’re like me and you prefer the good over the bad, then the next few minutes could be hugely important for you.
Listen to the Audio
Today we have the pleasure of visiting with Dr. Rob McKenna, Chair of the Ph.D. program in Industrial and Organizational Psychology at Seattle Pacific University. He is the author of Dying to Lead: Sacrificial Leadership in a Self-centered World. Rob is also the Founder of WiLD Leaders, a leadership consulting group that’s all about raising up a generation of courageous and sacrificial leaders who will bring thoughtfulness, conviction, hope, resourcing, strategic thinking, and deeply rooted care to the institutions and people they serve.
Leadership development is the intentional preparation of a person for that moment when he or she will be ‘going first.’
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Creative ways to solve strategic problems
- How to develop whole leaders
- How to get something done and pay attention to the heart
- What is leadership development?
- Leaders must know themselves well if they are going to go first
- How to put systems in place so that pressure is manageable
- Creating a high stretch and high development culture affects everything else in the system
- Managing the growing pains of leadership development
- How leaders can delegate
- Research shows that leaders learn while they do
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 5 Ways to Know the True Health of Your Leadership
- Learn more about The WiLD Tool Kit.
- Dr. Rob McKenna’s new book Composed:The Heart and Science of Leading Under Pressure releases on October 15.
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.