Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How can you transform a workplace culture from healthy to flourishing in the course of just one year—and experience organizational growth at the same time?
Listen to the Audio
Today, we’ll hear some practical tips from a leader who’s had his hand on the culture levers at his church with over 100 staff. We have the pleasure of visiting with Jeff Abshire, Executive Pastor and Elder at Antioch Community Church in Waco, Texas.
Making an impact in the Kingdom starts with loving and leading our staff well.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Maintaining staff culture and character in the midst of growth
- Developing a high level of trust, starting with your senior leader
- Improving communication with 2 hour all-staff meetings every other week
- Implementing performance reviews 3 times a year to clarify manager expectations
- Engaging employees to come up with solutions to culture issues
- Helping staff understand reasoning behind leadership decisions
Explore Additional Resources
- Jeff’s mentions their performance reviews are loosely based on Lominger’s Competencies
- Al mentions our previous blog on Antioch’s staff recognition initiative: Staff Recognition: Simple but Powerful
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: The Secret to a Fantastic One-Year Culture Turnaround
- Learn more about Antioch Community Church
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.