Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
I’ve been looking forward to this day for quite some time. That’s because our guest today on the Flourishing Culture Podcast is Joni Eareckson Tada. As many of you may know, Joni is Founder and CEO of Joni and Friends.
Founded in 1979, Joni and Friends has been built on Biblical truth and the foundation of Jesus Christ. The organization is about advancing disability ministry and changing the church and communities around the world.
Listen to the Audio
Joni and Friends is answering the call in the Gospel of Luke 14, “invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind and you will be blessed…make them come in so my house will be full.”
Joni and Friends began conducting staff engagement surveys of their staff in 2005 and for all 13 years have been certified a Best Christian Workplace.
Effective leaders do not rise to power in spite of their weaknesses, they lead with power because of their weakness.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- What drives an inspirational leader like Joni Eareckson Tada
- The calling of a leader is shaped as much by weaknesses and failures as it is by strengths
- Living a life of contentment and receiving strength for living each day
- How to lean on God rather than on your natural ability
- In failures and weaknesses, learn how to fall forward into the arms of Grace
- The concept of servant leadership is not an axiom but a matter of practice
- Build a strong culture around a set of core values
- How to find and retain outstanding talent
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on this blog post:Joni Eareckson Tada: Seven Humbling Lessons
- Learn more about Dr. Dan Allender’s books: The Cry of Soul and Leading with a Limp
- Learn more about Lead Like Jesus
- Learn more about Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA)
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.