Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church or your company. Brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Peter Greer, President and CEO of HOPE International, a global nonprofit focused on Christ-centered job creation, savings mobilization, and microenterprise development.
Peter is the co-author, along with David Weekley, of the new book The Board and the CEO: Seven Practices to Protect Your Organization’s Most Important Relationship.
Listen to the Audio
We want to actively solicit feedback to help the Board and CEO identify blindspots and do their jobs more effectively.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The role of the board as protectors of the organization’s mission
- Creating a policy manual that articulates the distinct role of the board and the CEO
- Bringing clarity to roles and responsibilities of the board and the CEO
- How to limit surprises when you are in a board meeting
- How to create a board subcommittee called “culture and spiritual vitality” that focuses on developing a healthy staff culture.
- The importance of having a process by which you invite a board member
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more about BCWI 360 Reviews
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 3 “Musts” to Guard and Guide the Board-CEO Relationship
- Learn about Peter Greer’s book Mission Drift
- Learn about Peter Greer’s book The Board and the CEO
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.