Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
My guest, today has some answers you can use and create positive results.
Her name is Pam Marmon, and she’s the Founder of Threefold Tribe, a consulting firm whose mission statement will cause you to lean forward and say, “Tell me more.” Pam, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Listen to the Audio
Hi Pam and welcome to our podcast!
We create change to adapt to our new environment and we manage change so we don’t become obsolete and irrelevant.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Facing a challenge you don’t know how to tackle
- Things are stalled and you don’t know what to do next
- Equip your church to be one of the highest functioning organizations in the world
- Pre-requisite: Prayer
- 4 steps to achieve ministry growth: Build change capacity, remove culture busters, learn new skills, tell time where to go
- Is change the silent killer in the church?
- High attrition can be a symptom of a serious problem
- Remove overly strict rules and bureaucracy that hinders productivity and employee engagement
- Effective time management
- Be inspired to lead change
- Prayer is our primary response to change
- 10 steps to lead change: Managing the timing of changes, communicate purpose of change frequently, include team in decision making regarding the change, engage staff and attendees, acknowledge people’s reactions, allow people to process the change, understand resistance and manage expectations, ask for feedback, reflect on what is working and what needs to pivot, celebrate wins along the way
- 6 things that need to work when making change
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 4 Steps to Achieve the Ministry Growth You are Praying For
- Learn more about Pam’s online course ( 20% off coupon code: flourish) : Lead Change in Your Church
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.