Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
We consider it a great privilege to serve Christian led organizations making a huge difference in our world. Today we learn from a ministry called Advocates for Community Transformation, known as ACT in Dallas TX. Listen to how they have built a flourishing workplace culture, caring for their employees holistically so they can better serve under-resourced neighborhoods.
Listen to the Audio
It’s my pleasure to welcome in Anna Bridges, Director of Talent & Culture for ACT Advocates for Community Transformation in Dallas, Texas.
This work is not ours but the Lord’s. We’ve created multiple organizational rhythms to help us stay focused on that.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- A favorite story about how ACT made a difference in someone’s life and community (04:04)
- The importance of people on your team and coming alongside your team (05:49)
- The hiring process as a critical step in developing an integrated workplace culture (06:00)
- Placing a high premium on culture fit (06:25)
- The importance of spiritual development (06:55)
- The importance of daily staff prayer and scripture (07:22)
- The weekly time to spend in prayer and scripture reading (07:31)
- Providing a robust and holistic salary and benefits package (08:36)
- What motivated ACT to survey their employees through BCWI? (11:29)
- What is a data-informed culture? (11:40)
- Positive feedback from millennials (17:33)
- What is distinctly Christian about ACT? (21:39)
- Bringing God’s kingdom to bear in the city (24:08)
- The team at ACT had a desire for the organization to wrestle with racial equity (24:54)
Buy Alvin Sanders’ book: Bridging the Diversity Gap: Leading Toward God’s Multi-Ethnic Kingdom
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.