Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
In this episode, I am joined by a senior pastor that has led one of the most significant culture transformations in our history. Listen now to hear the story.
Listen to the Audio
It’s my pleasure to welcome to the microphone Aaron Couch, lead pastor of Southeast Christian Church in Parker, Colorado.
The more I love my people well and lift them up and support them—they actually reach higher levels of potential than they could if I had driven them to accomplish tasks. They supersede my expectations.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Transitioning into a new role at a new organization (04:12)
- Confronting major issues within an organization (05:29)
- Evaluating where your culture is (06:20)
- The role of survey data in confirming your targets and goals and finding areas of growth (7:54)
- Lack of trust of people in positions of authority (08:34)
- An action step to increase trust (09:57)
- Taking care of your staff (10:13)
- Equal pay for men and women in the same role (10:50)
- The importance of the work of an executive pastor (14:04)
- “The more I love my people well and lift them up and support them, they actually reach higher levels of potential than they could if I had driven them to accomplish tasks. They supersede my expectations.” (16:02)
- The fruit of healthier workplace culture (17:14)
- What to do to “culture proof” your progress with healthy culture (20:42)
- What’s the number one thing a leader must do to care for staff in the midst of COVID 19? (24:13)
- What’s the number one thing a leader must avoid or resist while overseeing his or her staff during COVID? (28:47)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.