Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
The COVID-19 crisis has created a lot of uncertainty for Christian leaders. Revenues are going straight down, our teams are working remotely and we’re forced to do things differently as we try to keep our families, employees, and communities healthy. It’s frightening, exhausting, even disrupting. But today, we want to shed some long term perspective. Listen in to the story of a ministry leader who thrived during his twenty-six years as the CEO. We hope it allows you to regain a healthy, long term perspective on the importance of building a flourishing culture through the ups and downs.
Listen to the Audio
It’s a pleasure to welcome in BCWI Regional Director for Canada, Barry Slauenwhite. Barry, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
If we are a Christian ministry we should be honoring Christ in everything we do—inside these four walls and outside.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The struggle CEOs and leaders face when searching for tools to build flourishing culture (03:59)
- How to build a high-trust workplace culture (06:30)
- Growing out of a toxic or extremely toxic workplace (09:00)
- Listening to your employees and their ideas helps build trust (13:28)
- What does it mean to be a biblical steward of a ministry? (15:50)
- Coaching and mentoring the next generation of Chrisitan leaders (26:00)
- What is it about being Canadian—perhaps a distinctive quality or strength—that appeals to organizations and churches beyond Canada? (28:20)
- Conduct ministry and organizations in such a way that we can honestly ask God to bless us (34:20)
- Treating people with respect (39:05)
- Every voice matters (41:06)
- Transparency matters (41:23)
- Accountability matters (41:56)
- Humility matters (42:17)
- Suggestions to help leaders flourish (44:10)
Buy Barry’s book: Strategic Compassion: Reuniting the Good News and Good Works in the Fight Against Poverty
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.