Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Is there a biblical imperative to lead a workplace culture? Christian leaders, why would we want to invest time and treasure into creating a flourishing workplace? Today we hear directly from a leader who shares his heart including the why a flourishing workplace matters and how it has come about.
David Emmert is Lead Pastor at Celebration Baptist Church, in Tallahassee, Florida. Their workplace culture, for the most part is thriving and flourishing. And, under David’s leadership, Celebration’s staff of 33 employees has achieved something truly remarkable, and that’s that 91 percent of their staff is engaged in their work.
Listen to the Audio
David, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
The Bible should greatly inform our policies and practices if we hope to establish a successful Christian workplace.“
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Why creating a great workplace culture is important (2:43)
- Pursuing excellence at work (3:44)
- Biblical mandate for what God desires in a healthy workplace culture (05:58)
- Deuteronomy 15 (06:28)
- Creating a culture where people are so well treated, they don’t want to leave (07:43)
- An approach to get feedback to involve staff (10:36)
- How to build trust with the leadership team and staff (13:15)
- First step toward restoration when trust is broken (18:20)
- Review process and accountability culture (20:54)
- Why a church or organization should aspire to build a flourishing culture? (24:53)
- Being more intentional to hire people from a broad bandwidth of age and culture background (29:00)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.