Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Can remarkable workplace cultures grow and flourish through the power of stories? Discover the answer from a leader who helped make Chick-fil-A restaurants a true, ongoing success!
Listen to the Audio
With that, I want to welcome my guest on the podcast, Dee Ann Turner, CEO of her own consulting firm, Dee Ann Turner, LLC, and author of a new upcoming book, Bet on Talent: How to Create a Remarkable Culture That Wins the Hearts of Customers. Dee Ann, so glad you can join us here on the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Remarkable cultures are created and nurtured through the power of stories.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- “Remarkable cultures are created and nurtured through the power of stories.”
- Storytelling is a great way to pass culture from one generation to another within the organization—it illustrates the principles in a real-time and real-life way that resonates and is memorable.
- There has never been a season that finding and keeping talent has been more difficult.
- The goal is to win the hearts of the people you serve.
- There are two critical elements needed to accomplish that goal:
- 1. The foundation of a remarkable culture that includes the elements of a meaningful purpose, a challenging mission and demonstrated core values.
- 2. Selecting, Stewarding and Sustaining Extraordinary Talent. Those two items combine to create amazing customer experiences. When those experiences are repeated again and again, then the customer service becomes legendary.
- A remarkable culture is known by its principles.
- A toxic culture is smothered in rules.
- Remarkable cultures don’t flourish in environments that are self-centered and it is all about self-advancement and achievement.
- Remarkable cultures flourish when people use their individual skills and talents to complement one another to accomplish the bigger goals of the organization.
- The foundation of a Remarkable culture is built on trust and trust is critical to forming a successful team.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Post
Read the blog post here: How to Create a Remarkable Culture
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.