Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Last week, we announced our new list of 2017 Certified Best Christian Workplaces. In honor of our announcement, we’re replaying this listener favorite episode, where we talk about what it takes to become a Certified organization and what factors define a truly flourishing workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
Joining us today are Amy Nagley and Rachel Large. Amy holds a Ph.D. from Seattle Pacific University’s Industrial & Organizational Psychology department, and she’s worked with us to analyze and statistically validate our FLOURISH culture measurement model. Rachel is our Social Media Assistant, who helps bring this podcast to you each week, along with publishing our blog and managing our social media presence.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Al’s personal faith journey and professional background, and how together, these paths lead him to co-found BCWI
- The importance of building a healthy workplace culture
- The difference between a happy vs. healthy employee
- Digging into the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey: what it is, how it’s implemented, and how it works
- The criteria for becoming a Certified Best Christian Workplace
Al and Amy discuss each of the 8 factors the Survey measures:
- Fantastic Teams
- Life-Giving Work
- Outstanding Talent
- Uplifting Growth and Development
- Rewarding Compensation
- Inspirational Leadership
- Sustainable Strategy and
- Healthy Communication
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Al on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find BCWI on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about the Employee Engagement Survey: bcwinstitute.com/survey
- Read more about the 8 Factors of a Flourishing Workplace
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.