Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Could you use some encouragement and practical ideas to improve your workplace culture, given the recent challenges we face? BCWI Canadian Director, Barry Slauenwhite, leads a tremendous discussion with two Bible League Canada leaders who offer practical tips that you can implement today!
Listen to the Audio
Hi, there! I’m Barry Slauenwhite, BCWI Regional Director for Canada sitting in for Al Lopus. I’m glad to welcome in two very special guests from Bible League Canada—CEO & President Paul Richardson and Marketing Director, Andrew Dorricott.
One day we will stand before our heavenly Father and give an account of how we treated his children. So, I want to be the most honorable that I can be.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The value of touching base daily with your team in a pandemic crisis (03:38)
- Choose and communicate faith over fear (04:02)
- How did BLC improve engagement and reduce turnover from seventeen percent to zero? (05:47)
- How the current COVID-19 crisis proves the value of a healthy culture (07:50)
- Benefits of having a culture champion (13:17)
- How to develop and communicate your strategy (19:44)
- “Trust is built through communication in an organization” (27:07)
- As leaders, we must be focused on caring for the ministry (32:30)
- What advice do you have for other ministry leaders in Canada and around the world as they are planning for re–entering or re-opening the workplace? ( 31:58)
- Where would you place the importance of workplace culture on the list? (31:59)
- We can’t choose if we think about the future as leaders, we only get to choose what version we chase (34:43)
Trust is built through communication in an organization.”
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.