Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Do you ever feel your direct reports and employees aren’t listening to you? Especially in a crisis? If you want people to really take note of what you’re saying and build a strong mutual trust and understanding, where things get done, then my next guest has a gift for you. It all starts, now!
Pam Marmon is the CEO of Marmon Consulting, a change management consulting firm that provides strategy and execution services to help companies transform.
Pam grew up in Bulgaria and moved to the US. It has taught her to be adaptable and resilient to change.
Listen to the Audio
Pam, welcome back to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
When leaders learn how to successfully lead transformations, it will change them, their companies, and it will build healthy communities for everyone.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Many leaders fear change (02:47)
- Facing resistance from employees and lack of alignment within departments (02:50)
- Getting organizations to transform has been a struggle (02:54)
- Shifting the mindset that change is hard (03:03)
- With the proper process change is not hard (03:39)
- What are the three most significant barriers, or reasons, why people may not be listening? (05:46)
- No.1: It’s not the right message (05:59)
- No.2: It’s not the right timing (06:39)
- No.3: You are not the right sender (07:58)
- No. 4: Your organizational culture is dysfunctional (08:51)
- No. 5: You haven’t told people what to do
- The communication model in Pam’s book uses the acronym, LESS, which stands for: Listen, Engage, Speak, Solve (09:59)
- Leading change during a pandemic is different than under normal circumstances (13:00)
- What communication tips should every leader have in his or her toolkit? (14:57)
- What suggestions are there for leadership teams tasked with carrying the message throughout the organization? (16:42)
- How does a leader measure if his/her communication is effective or not? (18:50)
Buy a copy of Pam’s book: No One’s Listening and It’s Your Fault: Get Your Message Heard During Organizational Transformations.
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.