Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Leadership blindspots are the specific areas where a leader, even a very successful leader, is missing something. A blind spot can be a lack of attention to a certain area or part of your skillset that really has never been developed. And of course, you don’t know what your blind spots are. But, we know how to find them. Listen in, as we talk with a leader about tools that helped him and his team grow to be even more effective in their leadership.
Listen to the Audio
Welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast. I’m Cary Humphries, Senior Consultant with the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, and for this episode, I’m sitting in for Al Lopus as your guest host.
Our investment in leadership development and 360s, we consider a vital tool in our feedback process.“
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The five reasons for doing a 360 Leadership review (03:22)
- A 360 review is a tool that allows leaders to receive feedback from people “all around them.” That’s where the term“360” comes from. (03:50)
- Why The Summit Church went on a journey to use 360 reviews (05:27)
- “Our investment in leadership development and 360s, we consider a vital tool in our feedback process” (05:50)
- The biggest impact of 360s at The Summit Church has been the growth and the development of the leaders (08:20)
- Leaders have requested for 360 reviews to be performed (10:53)
- “Good leaders are teachable and humble, they want that honest feedback” (11:21)
- The 360 report aggregates scores, protects anonymity, and provides overarching themes (13:30)
- Why do a 360 review? (15:00)
- The higher you get in an organization, the less likely you are to hear the truth (15:10)
- “The 360 is not the end of a process but the beginning of a process.” (17:25)
- How does it work? Someone on your HR team contacts BCWI and sets up a system of rating (22:54)
- Everyone in the process is appreciative that The Summit Church invested in the 360 review (25:46)
- “The BCWI team does a great job at taking a lot of data and honing it down into a few actionable steps that can really be taken by the leader and worked on with the team.” (26:27)
- To find out more about 360 Reviews visit bcwinstitute.org/360 (30:51)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at email@example.com