Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus. Today we have the pleasure of talking about the recently published list and what it means to be certified as a best christian workplace and provide some examples of what differentiates these organizations. To help us identify some of the key takeaways, I am being joined by Tara VanderSande. Many of you know Tara as she is one of our popular guests on the Flourishing Culture Podcast. But today we are turning the tables and she is going to interview me.
Listen to the Audio
Making gains in workplace culture enables you to have the spiritual, relational glue to face challenges as a team.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- What does it mean to be certified?
- The number of organizations being recognized is up 20% AND, it’s a new record for certified organizations in 16 years.
- Christian led organizations are beginning to understand how the health of their culture improves the organization’s outcomes and impact.
- 176 total certified out of 283 who completed the employee engagement survey.
- About 60% of the organizations who surveyed their employees are now recognized as a Best Christian Workplace.
- It‘s important to measure the health of your organization- importance of surveying more than once.
- We see employees love to work in organizations that have great teams, feel their work is important, talented co-workers, opportunities to grow, are rewarded for what they do, have inspirational leaders, aligned to an effective strategy and experience two-way communication.
- Certified organizations have highly engaged employees.
- “Christian leaders say making gains in workplace culture enables them to have the spiritual, relational and organizational glue to face their challenges as a team.”
- When a leader humbles her or himself to seek out culture data, that right there speaks volumes to the employees.
- When leaders listen and are willing to act on input, the culture improves.
Organizations Mentioned Include:
- Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO)
- Apartment Life
- Olivet Nazarene
- Joni and Friends
- East-West Ministries
- Alpha USA
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE. Fantastic Teams Life-giving Work Outstanding Talent Uplifting Growth Rewarding Compensation Inspirational Leadership Sustainable Strategy Healthy Communication One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: Record Number of Organizations with a Flourishing Workplace
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.