Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Listen to how this organization’s investment in culture over the years, has readied the ship for whatever storm comes. Cary Humphries pursues this conversation about how with leadership commitment, alignment and the use of data, Olivet Nazarene University has built a durable culture, ready for these trying times.
Listen to the Audio
It’s my pleasure to be with Dr. David Pickering, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Olivet Nazarene University located in Bourbonnais, Illinois. David, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Our job is to know that our people are doing well. The BCWI survey gives us the tools to know how our people are feeling and how we can make it even better for them.“
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Strategies to create new levels of trust and effective communication in your workplace (02:14)
- Dealing with the challenges and disappointments that a pandemic brings (03:45)
- What things are you doing to encourage people during the coronavirus pandemic? (04:28)
- Try to think through the lens of your average employee (05:41)
- Our job is to know that our people are doing well (07:20)
- The BCWI survey gives us the tools to know how our people are feeling and how we can make it even better for them (07:29)
- One benefit of surveying annually is that you get great trendlines (08:28)
- The value and benefits of departmental survey data (13:30)
- How does greater staff engagement produce results in an online culture? (15:15)
- How to tackle communication challenges (18:08)
- Having a leader who is consistent helps to build trust (23:59)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.