Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Do you believe there’s a link between the health of your workplace culture and your organization’s success? Today, we talk with the CEO of an organization where nine out of ten employees are fully engaged and how their Christian ministry provides significant economic impact. The full story coming up, next!
Listen to the Audio
My guest today is Pete Kelly, Chief Executive Officer of Apartment Life. Pete, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
When you have a highly engaged workforce culture, it shows up in a hundred little decisions. As your employees are engaged, they want to pass that on to your clients. When your clients are happy, growing your business isn’t a challenge.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How to build a ministry that also brings economic impact to businesses (03:46)
- The importance of core values (05:00)
- The importance of surveying your employees yearly (06:18)
- At Apartment Life, 91% of employees are engaged! That’s in the top 5% of all organizations BCWI surveys (07:30)
- Where does such high employee engagement come from? (08:47)
- What are some intentional and effective ways to build trust among remote teams? (13:24)
- Is there a link between healthy culture and the growth of an organization? (18:38)
Buy Patrick Lencioni’s book: The Advantage
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.