Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Having a team filled with outstanding talent is a game-changer for any organization. Today, we talk with a couple of culture leaders in a large church who have leveraged their culture to be relentlessly selective in creating a staff that is humble, hungry, and healthy. To learn how, listen in!
We have enhanced our strategy and process over the past couple of years to have a more focused, consistent structure.“
Listen to the Audio
In 2016, Outreach Magazine named Traders Point Christian Church in Indianapolis, Indiana as one of the “100 Fastest-Growing Churches in America.” Such growth alone is significant. Yet, there’s another reason to celebrate. I call it the hidden story of another kind of growth that can inspire churches everywhere. It’s a story you need to hear.
With me right now are the two best people I know who are ready to reveal this hidden story. Kristen Miller is Culture & Development Director at Traders Point Christian Church. With Kristen is Emily Hoover, Talent Manager at Traders Point. Kristen and Emily, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
One of the biggest things I always take with me into the interview process is a quote from Craig Groeschel that says to be ‘ruthlessly selective'”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Moving to in-person and online church services (03:06)
- Seeing growth in numbers of members during a pandemic (03:12)
- Traders Point’s survey results revealed 66% of their employees felt engaged at work. That’s 20% higher than most churches their size (04:44)
- Engaged employees mean happier, thriving, effective employees and teams (04:52)
- The value of having a compelling mission (05:06)
- How trust keeps employees engaged (06:37)
- The benefits of work-life balance (07:24)
- How Traders Point is attracting and retaining top talent (08:24)
- Working with the hiring manager to clearly identify what they’re looking for (09:17)
- One of the biggest things I always take with me into the interview process is a quote from Craig Groeschel that says to be ‘ruthlessly selective’ (10:16)
- One of the most important lessons Traders Point learned about working with top talent during this pandemic (13:53)
- Hiring high-capacity, innovative leaders (14:08)
- Every leader listening right now is looking for ways to bring hope, encouragement, and the light of Christ to their staff teams and individuals (17:28)
- A favorite story inside this workplace culture that’s been life-giving to the team, leadership, and to the congregation (17:41)
- The effort to implement Cultural Intelligence or CQ (21:53)
- The vision is to become a more multi-cultural church, to be welcoming to all people (22:01)
- Continually improving in managing change (24:02)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.