Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
The COVID-19 crisis and the resulting financial crisis has created a lot of uncertainty for ministry and business leaders. Every ministry has been affected, most drastically. Nearly everyone is dealing with falling revenues, learning to manage remote teams and significant instability. How do leaders keep their composure? Find out how, next.
Listen to the Audio
Given the uncertainty of our times because of the rapid spread of the Coronavirus… and the resulting shockwaves to the economy, the pressure on leaders is mounting rapidly.
Today we have asked our friend, Dr. Rob McKenna, the author of Composed: The Heart and Science of Leading Under Pressure and Founder of WiLD Leaders, Inc. to speak on these topics.
Pressure is an invisible force that tells us something is changing.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Organizations dealing with cash flow in the current crisis (02:47)
- The key developmental experiences that leaders go through (05:03)
- Research shows that the developmental moments that prepared leaders were moments of crisis (05:33)
- What is pressure? (07:59)
- Three levels of how people experience pressure: Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Environmental (09:43)
- Pressure is an invisible force that tells us something is changing (10:39)
- How do we create a whole leader? (13:15)
- How does being under pressure impact us? (16:21)
- How to show up as your best self under pressure (20:49)
- Strategy for leading under pressure: Sense of purpose (22:17)
- Strategy for leading under pressure: Focus on potential (23:32)
- Purpose and potential and how they intersect with faith (24:26)
Buy Rob’s book: Composed: The Heart and Science of Leading Under Pressure
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.