Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
What is the future of your workplace going to look like? Suppose you could get a glimpse of what tomorrow looks like, today? The answer has a lot to do with one, big trend in the workplace environment that’s already present.
This trend has to do with Outstanding Talent.
Listen to the Audio
Outstanding Talent is one of the eight critical factors that shape and sustain every healthy-to-flourishing workplace culture, including yours.
Outstanding Talent involves attracting, retaining, promoting and rewarding highly capable people on your team.
Most importantly, Outstanding Talent intersects directly with what I would call the current mega-trend of the virtual workplace and the new world of virtual assistants.
With unemployment at near record lows and with the capabilities of new technologies in full swing, the trend of the virtual workplace is now in high gear.
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Shannon Miles, CEO and Co-Founder of BELAY. BELAY’s mission is to glorify God by providing solutions that equip their clients with the confidence to climb higher. Shannon was an early adopter of the virtual assistant model. In 2010, she and her husband, Bryan, were inspired to found BELAY–providing virtual support to busy leaders.
The workforce is changing dynamically and we have to be adaptable to evolve with it
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to hire outstanding talent to virtually work on calendar management, meeting coordination, events, and email management
- Finding outstanding talent with strong proactive communication skills
- Talent that plugs in well to the culture and process of the organization
- The importance of resourcefulness with systems, projects and industries.
- How to take the guess work out of finding reliable help
- Placing a person with outstanding talent virtually and how it contributes to an organization’s success
- Setting expectations for virtual employees
- How to manage a healthy culture in a virtual workplace
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Can a Virtual Workplace Work for You? Four Current Trends Suggest, “Yes!”
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.