Thanks for joining us on The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Are there times where you wonder if there’s hope for your workplace culture? Where you’re facing mounting deficits, toxicity among the staff, deep-seated hostility between departments, attitudes of mediocrity on the frontlines? Well, this episode is for you. Today, you’ll hear one of the most stunning workplace, culture turnarounds we have ever seen.
Listen to the Audio
We have the pleasure of talking with Mark Maxwell, President of Prairie College in Three Hills, Alberta Canada. From its founding in 1922, the heartbeat of Prairie College (originally founded by Mark’s grandfather as Prairie Bible Institute) has been to know Christ and make Him known. Over the years, Prairie has prepared 17,000 students to serve God in 114 countries around the world.
In BCWI’s 15-year history and the 900-plus organizations we’ve had the opportunity to serve, Prairie College has made one of the single greatest before-and-after improvements of its culture. It continues to be an incredible culture transformation.
Does your mission matter? If it matters keep only the best people who are going to help you achieve your mission.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Losing a million dollars a year for nearly a dozen years
- From toxic to flourishing culture
- The revival of an organization
- Healthy communication: leadership communicating effectively
- How to build trust between leaders and employees
- Listening to every employee’s advice carefully
- Resolving issues like: Deep seated hostility, silos and divisions among the groups on campus
- Doing away with mediocre attitudes
- Reemphasizing core values
- It has been said that whoever does the employee cuts cannot stay because they have no capital. This is not the case.
- Becoming valuable through availability and an open door
- “‘There’s no accounting for a bad attitude.'”
- “A bad attitude is infinitely negative for your revenue stream and profitability.'”
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more in this blog post: How to Rebuild a Toxic Culture That’s in Debt
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.