Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus. Today we have the pleasure of talking with Miles McPherson, Lead Pastor, of The Rock Church, a multi-site congregation with five campuses in San Diego.
Listen to the AudioListen in iTunes | Listen in Stitcher Radio | Listen in Google Play Music Hi Miles, and welcome to our podcast, today.
A pastor needs to allow people to speak freely and then believe what they say.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The challenges in a growing multicultural church and the need for a culture assessment tool
- What is a toxic environment?
- The importance of measuring culture
- The value of diversity
- Accepting what your people are saying
- The concept of people being happy at work
- “Everybody has a culture”
- The benefits of a monthly staff meeting as opposed to weekly
- How to bring your staff together and build morale
- Pastoring your people before reaching others
- How to grow in Inspirational Leadership and Outstanding Talent
- Address racial diversity and how to bridge the racial divide
- Honoring what we have in common
- How to have and respect conversations about race
- The difference between racist and racially offensive