Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up we call The FLOURISH Model. It’s the key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
On the podcast, today, we look at the fourth of the eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model. We call it Uplifting Growth, and my guest has plenty to share with you about why Uplifting Growth is a critical driver to help improve—and even transform–your workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
Rob has been recently named one of the top 30 Industrial-Organizational Psychologists alive today and featured in Forbes.
Rob, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
I care about the leader who has stepped out and gone first—is making decisions but is completely isolated and alone.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The validity and the science behind Best Christian Workplaces Institute and the BCWI Engagement Survey
- Leaders who step out first may feel isolated and lonely
- How to surround leaders with support and feedback
- Leaders develop on the job
- How change management is connected to leadership development
- The concept of adaptive performance
- Uplifting Growth means improving the performance of individuals, groups and the organization overall to meet the challenges in a changing world.
- Most significantly, growth comes from job-related experience, along with interaction with others, including managers, mentors, and coaches—as well as from formal educational events.
- Learning new things increases an employee’s engagement and allows the organization to maintain and improve its effectiveness.
Buy Rob’s book: Composed: The Heart and Science of Leading Under Pressure
Watch Rob’s previous podcast: How Strategic Leadership Development Creates Healthy Culture
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: 3 Doorways into Leadership and Talent Development
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.