Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up we call The FLOURISH Model. In the next few minutes, you’ll see how The FLOURISH Model is key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
So far, we’ve looked at Fantastic Teams and Life-Giving Work, the first two of the eight drivers that make up what we call The FLOURISH Model.
Listen to the Audio
The third culture driver is called Outstanding Talent, and my guest has plenty to share with you about how Outstanding Talent help improve—and even contribute to the transformation—of your workplace culture.
Here, to kick off next several weeks when we’ll be focusing on Outstanding Talent.
I want to bring in Tara VanderSande.
If you value your people and your people see this in your actions, your people are going to want to stay.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Organizations with leaders who understand the importance of talent to their mission and fully prioritize their people are the ones that thrive.
- The greatest contribution you can make to the future success of your organization is talent sustainability – A strategic investment that ensures both a stable workforce today and tenured leaders tomorrow through rigorous selection, intentional development, and competitive rewards.
- Insights, perspectives and strategic approaches on how Outstanding Talent is essential to the health of workplace culture.
- Organizational success is highly affected by the fit, experience and giftings of the people it attracts, retains and promotes into key technical and leadership roles.
- Outstanding Talent is described as having highly qualified people with the necessary calling, character, competence, chemistry and contribution to achieve the organizations mission.
- Outstanding talent leads to high-performance, and sustainable organizations that meet their goals and make a mission impact.
- There are two phases to this factor: recruiting/hiring outstanding talent and then once hired, rewarding, retaining and promoting them as employees.
- If you value your people and your people see this in your actions, your people are going to want to stay.
- How would you know if an organization has outstanding talent?
- From an employee leadership level, how would know you’re not meeting a standard of Outstanding Talent?
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: How to Develop a More Stable and Talented Workforce
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.