Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up, what we call …The FLOURISH Model. It’s the key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
On the podcast, today, we take a look at Outstanding Talent. In the next few minutes, my guest is going to share the four important elements of Outstanding Talent that are absolutely necessary if you want to improve the health of your workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
Hi Giselle, welcome back to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
The job needs to be clearly connected to an organization’s mission and the employee needs to know its meaning.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to be better at rewarding and retaining talent
- Clear roles and competencies
- Building a talent pathway
- At BCWI, we describe Outstanding Talent as having highly qualified people with the necessary calling, character, competence, chemistry and contribution to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Outstanding Talent leads to high performance and to sustainable organizations that meet their goals and make a mission impact.
- Four pillars of Outstanding Talent: 1)recruiting, 2) rewarding, 3) retaining, and then 4) promoting
- You have to find a variety of sourcing for your key jobs
- Clearly establish role descriptions and desired skills for each position
- Offering a competitive pay rate
- Strong onboarding process
- Supervisors have to plan well for new hires
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: 4 Proven Steps to Hire and Retain the Best Talent Out There
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.