Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up we call The FLOURISH Model. It’s the key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
Listen to the Audio
On the podcast, today, we look at the fourth of the eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model. We call it Uplifting Growth, and my guest has plenty to share with you about how Uplifting Growth is a critical driver to help improve—and even transform–your workplace culture.
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Marvin Williams, Lead Pastor of Trinity Church, in Lansing, Michigan.
Marvin, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Love and care for your staff, not just the bottom-line.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The value of a “hear and obey” culture
- Turnaround a culture of fear, lack of trust and poor and toxic communication
- A valuable tool to facilitate open, honest conversations
- How to increase the performance of individuals, groups and the overall organization
- Providing tools and pathways to help individuals who have a desire to grow
- Uplifting Growth matters because when people are growing, they feel better about the work they’re doing, and the better they feel about the work they’re doing, the better job they will do.
- Love and care for your staff, not just the bottom-line.
- Take time to see your staff and be in the arena with them.
- Care about their families, and their hopes and dreams.
- Empathize with them by walking with them through life’s struggles. Tell them how much you appreciate them, not just the job they do.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: How Top Leaders Facilitate Uplifting Growth
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.