Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re going to look at Rewarding Compensation, the fifth of the eight drivers that can take the health of your workplace culture to the next level.
Rewarding Compensation is all about providing tangible resources in return for the service your employees provide. My guest has some wonderful stories and practical strategies that can speak to your own compensation plan and how it can strengthen your organization’s workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
With that, I want to welcome in my guest, Scott Wiggins, Director of Staff for Pinelake Church, a thriving multisite church in the greater Jackson, Mississippi area. Scott, I’m so glad you can join us here as part of our new, ongoing series on “The Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Rewarding compensation is only the fruit of a larger root—Inspirational Leadership and a Sustainable Strategy.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Rewarding Compensation is all about:
- First, fair and equitable total compensation plans provide peace of mind and a sense of satisfaction that an individual’s personal and family financial needs are met.
- Second, rewarding compensation practices remind employees that they are respected and valued.
- And third, compensation is not a primary motivator in sustaining employee engagement, but getting it right is important. It may not be the reason an employee stays with your organization, but it may be a reason they choose to leave.
- What could you do to bring about a positive perspective about fair compensation among your employees?
- Research is key to developing a positive perspective about fair compensation.
- What’s a good approach to compensation when it comes to salary increases?
- Rewarding compensation is only the fruit of a larger root. The root is Inspirational Leadership and a Sustainable Strategy.
- Beware of feelings over facts when having conversations about compensation.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: A Clear, Concise Approach to Compensation That Works
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.