Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Listen to the practical steps a leader has taken to take his workplace culture from Critical Moment to Flourishing.
My guest is Scott Gibson, Superintendent of Toledo Christian Schools, in Toledo, Ohio. Scott, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Listen to the Audio
Scott, what you’ve done at Toledo Christian Schools is what every Christian leader longs for, and that’s to create a workplace culture where people feel energized engaged, unified and excited about coming to work every day I want our listeners to hear this story, because I think they’re going to find a piece of their own story and thus benefit greatly from what you have to say.
To dive in, when you became superintendent of Toledo Christian Schools, tell us what you noticed about the workplace culture, both the good things and the things that needed attention?
God called us to love; if we love people it’s gonna show in our work.“
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How an anonymous survey helps to pinpoint what’s going on in your workplace culture (02:59)
- The importance of a mission (04:30)
- Positive differences that are the result of focusing on culture (08:18)
- How to foster Life Giving work (10:11)
- Having the right people on the bus (12:10)
- Your employees already know who needs to stay and who needs to go (11:57)
- Group team building programs (13:00)
- A strategic plan as a key component of healthy workplace culture (18:15)
- Trust, transparency, and compassion (20:23)
- Developing core values (25:47)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.