Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Do you wonder, “how do I build a culture of trust in my department or organization”? Listen in as an author, Boyd Bailey describes the essential habits of relational leaders.
Listen to the Audio
Thanks for joining us. It gives me great pleasure to welcome Boyd Bailey, author of Essential Habit of Relational Leaders: Building a Culture of Trust.
Boyd is the president of the Georgia chapter of the National Christian Foundation and the founder of Wisdom Hunters, a ministry whose daily devotional emails help more than 100,000 readers connect with Christ. He is also co-founder of Ministry Ventures, which has coached more than 1,000 faith-based nonprofits in board development, administration, fundraising, and more.
The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our relationships.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What is a relational leader? (02:23)
- The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our relationships (03:01)
- The value of being influenced by a relational leader (03:37)
- What is relational capacity? (05:00)
- Nurturing and growing our capacity for emotional intelligence (06:43)
- Emotional fitness (08:15)
- Restoring a relationship when trust is broken (10:14)
- Empathy leads to understanding, understanding leads to trust, and trust leads to influence (11:19)
- Keys leaders use when trust is broken (13:02)
- A story of how trust can be built and sustained for life (16:27)
- One practical thing a leader can do with his or her team, department, or organization to experience greater trust (21:35)
- Grow a loving relationship with God (28:58)
- A prayer for loving like Jesus (34:13)
Buy a copy of Boyd’s book Essential Habit of Relational Leaders: Building a Culture of Trust.
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.