Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Will a key, new hire catapult your organization forward like a slingshot? Have you wondered how to stop the carousel of continued employee turnover? Well, two top-notch experts give you their answers to these and other questions, that you may be asking; it’s all coming up, next!
Listen to the Audio
My guests today are Stan Endicott Chief Culture Officer and Co-Founder of the Slingshot Group, and Monty Kelso, President and CEO of the Slingshot Group. Stan, Monty, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
If an organization wants to hire a great person, they have to have a great culture.”
Everyone wants a leader who can develop people and be relationally competent to be kind.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The tension in trying to make the right staffing decisions (06:54)
- One of the largest search firms for churches and Christian nonprofits that meets a need (08:07)
- Succession: As baby boomers retire, the opportunity for young leaders to step in is opening up more (11:46)
- Churches and organizations competing to gain great talent (15:15)
- Millennials want to be a part of collaboration (26:00)
- Strategy has increased in its importance for employee engagement (27:40)
- Checklist to stop the exit of talent: Challenge and responsibility, the flexibility of when to work and where to work, a stable work environment, money, professional development, peer recognition, leaders who have a servant’s heart, exciting job content and organizational culture. (34:02)
- How to lead creative types (35:42)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.