We believed Christian-led organizations should be the gold standard as the best, most-effective places to work in the world. Today we discover the DNA of the tremendous and sustainable growth of Life.Church. Listen in as I talk with Jerry Hurley about the keys to create their healthy, even flourishing culture.
Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Listen to the Audio
Jerry Hurley is Pastor and Team Development Leader at Life.Church in Edmond, Oklahoma. Since its founding in 1996, Life.Church has grown to encompass 34 locations in multiple states, welcoming thousands of people into a new relationship with Jesus Christ.
Building a great culture is not complicated but it takes intentionality, hard work and resolve to actually do it well.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Vision leaks; culture drifts
- How to guide and lead the culture in your organization
- Culture is happening in your organization whether you are being intentional or not
- Culture is either getting more clear, more strong or it’s getting weaker and it’s deteriorating
- The importance of core values, aligning values, behavioral values
- Healthy church starts with efficiency
- To have a healthy vibrant growing campus, you have to healthy vibrant growing teams
- How to maintain a healthy culture across multiple locations
- How do team members from different generations work together?
- Do leaders have to be loyal?
- How to deal with turnover and retention?
- Building a great culture is not complicated but it takes intentionality, hard work and resolve to actually do it well
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Post
Read the blog post here: coming soon
Download The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.