Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re going to look at Rewarding Compensation, the fifth of the eight drivers that can take the health of your workplace culture to the next level.
Rewarding Compensation is all about providing tangible resources in return for the service an employee provides. How you actually do this can boost or diminish the health of your workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
My guest, today, is an expert at helping Christian leaders and organizations create effective Rewarding Compensation programs. In the next few minutes, her leadership, and experience are going to translate into some very practical strategies you and your teams can use to improve and strengthen your workplace culture.
With that, I want to welcome in Giselle Jenkins, Director for Consulting Services for the Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
Rewarding compensation is a key strategy for organizational effectiveness.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why Rewarding Compensation is absolutely vital to the health of any workplace culture.
- We do know from the data we collect that compensation is not a primary motivator in sustaining employee engagement, but getting the right balance is important.
- Compensation may not be the reason an employee stays with your organization, but it may be a reason they choose to leave.
- Four best practices for developing a Rewarding Compensation plan.
- First, you need to define your philosophy of compensation.
- Second, you need to identify your compensation strategy.
- The third essential is to benchmark salaries for each position.
- Training managers to have effective conversations about compensation.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: How Employee Compensation Generates Organizational Impact
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.