Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How does a church that has a very healthy staff culture go about making it even better? There is nothing normal about Eastview Christian Church other than it’s in . . . Normal, Illinois!
Listen to the Audio
As a growing church with nearly 90 staff, Eastview reached a tipping point where they realized their human resources efforts needed to move from a committee to a strategic department within their staff. Here to tell us how they did it is Tyler Hari, Eastview’s Executive Pastor of Ministry Operations.
We’re moving HR from something we have to do to something we want to do because it multiplies itself in our staff and congregation.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Recognizing when you’re reached the tipping point for needing a strategic HR function
- Transitioning HR from a committee to a department that can make every other department better
- Aligning your team around your vision
- Hiring your first-ever HR personnel
- Making sure employees’ competencies still fit with their role’s scope as your organization grows
- Practical spiritual competency development strategies
- Developing a management competency training program
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Eastview Christian Church on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Learn more about Eastview Christian Church: eastview.church
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Everyone Wins When A Leader Gets Better
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.