Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You only have one chance to make a good first impression. And nowhere is that more true and relevant than in onboarding new employees.
Listen to the Audio
Research has proven that an employee’s first impression of an organization has a significant impact on their future engagement and commitment to that organization. In addition, it’s important to the organization’s performance to get new hires up to speed in their job as soon as possible.
Our guest today knows this by heart. Today we have the pleasure of visiting with Cate Given, Vice President of Human Resource Services at Joni and Friends in Agoura Hills, California. Joni and Friends reaches out around the world to people and families affected by disability with the love of Christ and the practical help they need. Listen in to this conversation to learn Joni and Friends’ impressive step-by-step onboarding process.
A structured onboarding results in a deeper, richer engagement level and joyful employees who put in extra effort.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Building a comprehensive recruiting and interviewing process
- The importance of a new hire’s first day and an agenda to set them up for success
- Praying for God to bring the right person into a new role
- Extending the onboarding process over the first 2 weeks with introductory VP and Director meetings
- Joni and Friends’ First Call curriculum to reinforce culture and teach the ministry’s history
- Conducting a review to reflect on the employee’s first 90 days
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about the Lead Like Jesus encounter
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Onboarding Part 2: How To Maximize a New Hire’s First Day
- Learn more about Joni and Friends
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.