Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Is your organization facing a major leadership change on the horizon? How can you create a healthy transition at the CEO level? And how might having a flourishing culture help in the process?
Listen to the Audio
Over this past year, we’ve had the privilege of watching Vince transition into becoming the CCO’s third president in its 46-year history. It’s been inspiring to see the planned process and smooth transition, as well as to watch the CCO’s culture continue to maintain its flourishing status under his leadership.
What were some of the key steps that Vince, the outgoing president, the Board, and the organization took to help create the positive transition they have experienced so far?
You’ll never hope your way into a healthy culture. You’ve got to define it, name it, address it and change.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Benefits of surveying employees over the long run
- Why your organization may not be growing despite being healthy
- Steps for a smooth leadership transition from the perspective of the incoming leader
- Recognizing that the new leader may not have the same strengths as the outgoing leader
- Redefining the new leader’s job description
- The power of a 360 Review to reflect on a leader’s strengths and growth opportunities
- Allowing others to use their giftings in roles where a new leader may have gaps
- Strategically expanding in new directions being led by the Holy Spirit
- How to continue building culture in the midst of staff growth
When you have an unhealthy culture, even if your mission is meeting gospel needs, it doesn’t feel like your work has meaning.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 5 Fail-Safe Strategies for a Successful Leadership Transition
- Learn more about the Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO)
- Listen to Vince’s previous podcast interview: Episode 43: Core Values Create Culture
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.