Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Is your Human Resource department providing you the strategic value it could or should? We are seeing a sea shift in the role Human Resources plays in the church and Christian organizations. As we have worked with hundreds of Christian organizations, we are seeing the HR role shift from being an administrative, back-office function to a strategic C-Suite or senior leadership role.
Listen to the Episode
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Giselle Jenkins, our very own Director of Human Resource Consulting. Giselle is a Christian nonprofit HR veteran with more than 20 years with the well-known ministry Prison Fellowship, and we know you will benefit from what she has to share.
An HR function that’s well designed is actually a strategy for ministry excellence at all levels.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to know if your organization is ready to implement or improve a Human Resources department
- Key HR programs every organization needs: Job Descriptions, Recruiting and Onboarding, Performance Management & Feedback
- Once all of these are in place, you’ll need a Talent Management program to grow and prepare employees for every level of leadership
- The importance of leadership engagement with people systems
- How clarity of roles brings clarity of actions for employees
- How to retain top talent without an expensive development program
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Giselle on LinkedIn
- ind BCWI on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about BCWI: bcwinstitute.org
- Learn more in our blog post: How To Engage New Talent, Faster and More Effectively
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.