Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Hello, and thanks for joining us. Noted investor and financial advisor, Martin Zweig, has a famous saying: “Trends are your friends.”
Today, we’re going to look at eight culture trends for 2018. With me today, to help guide the conversation is BCWI team member, Mark Cutshall. Mark, what do you say, we unpack these eight important trends.
Listen to the Audio
Thanks, Al. 2018 culture trends for Christian organizations and churches are already emerging against the societal trends of 2017: Donald Trump, Bitcoin, Tax Reform, Immigration, refugees, racial tension, online streaming is taking over TV, self-driving cars online shopping and, of course, Uber.
So Al, lead off and give us your first culture trend potentially driving Christian organizational culture in 2018.
Life-giving work is a key driver for the employee experience, culture and engagement.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Talent acquisition is a growing challenge
- How to find and hire best performers
- 20% of the organizations that were surveyed by BCWI had a toxic culture
- Estimates say a quarter to a third of Christian organizations have a toxic culture
- We can only lead and serve from who we are
- Investing more energy in corporate worship and staff meetings
- Online real time development training
- Having goals, having goals aligned and communicating them is important
- How to improve healthy communication
- How to incorporate diversity in the workplace
- Leadership is changing to empower a new breed of leaders
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Eight Culture Trends for 2018
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.