Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church or your company. Brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
Christian leaders, listen up. There’s a critical demographic trend playing out before us right now. It’s called the Millennial generation. 75.4 million millennials make up the largest living generation. Why should this matter to your church, organization, or business? Because Millennials are the future of your culture. Millennials are the “tomorrow” of your culture that you need to take notice of, today.
The question in front of us on today’s podcast is, how can you leverage and optimize the unique perspective and multiple talents of Millennials to grow the health of your culture and therefore deepen the immediate and lasting impact of your organization?
Our guest is going to answer this question.
Listen to the Audio
Today we have the pleasure of visiting with Dr. Amy Nagley. Amy recently served as research consultant with the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Amy has written a white paper on the topic of Millennials in the Christian Workplace, which we’ll make available on the show notes page on our blog.
It would be good for employers to start thinking of millennials in a different way.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Who are millennials?
- How engaged are they in the workplace culture?
- Millennials are technologically advanced.
- They are highly educated, racially diverse and more acceptable of diversity.
- What do millennials need to drive at work?
- 60% of millennials think sense of purpose is important in work
- What are conditions needed to enable millennials to thrive in organizations?
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Trending: Six, Clear Ways That Millennials Can Improve Your Culture
- Learn more about Barbara Fredrickson’s book: Positivity
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Click here to learn more!
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.