Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Outstanding Talent is the third of the eight culture drivers that make up BCWI’s FLOURISH Model. And Outstanding Talent is the focus in our new, ongoing series called “The Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
As a brief reminder, “Outstanding Talent is all about an organization having highly qualified people with the necessary calling, character, competence, chemistry and contribution that lead to the kind of high performance needed to help an organization meet their goals and make a significant mission impact.”
Listen to the Audio
My guest well knows the importance of Outstanding Talent. I want to welcome Robert Bortins, Jr., CEO of Classical Conversations based in Southern Pines, North Carolina. Classical Conversations is leading the home-centered education movement by teaching parents and students the classical tools of learning.
A good ministry is a good business, and a good business is a good ministry.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Steps on how to recruit and hire highly capable people
- Specific processes to ensure you are hiring only “outstanding talent”
- If you get the right person in the seat, everyones’ lives are better
- Hiring the wrong person, because it expedites the process is not good for the person you are hiring or your organization long term
- A generous pay for performance program, that is based on company profitability and scorecard
- Trust, flexibility and family first
- “We trust our team members to do a good job and on time, and since we trust them, we give them flexibility when appropriate to take care of life.”
- There’s a saying “that people don’t leave companies, but they leave managers.”
- Developing high trust in a workplace culture
- A good ministry is a good business, and a good business is a good ministry.
- We are all about our fathers business during our time here on earth, and those in ministry who reinforce that with their words, policies and actions will see a tremendous growth.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post:
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.